1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Homemade Timbrens?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by 97S104x4, Nov 10, 2012.

1. 97S104x4

97S104x4 Senior Member

anyone make custom or homemade timbrens (extended bumpstops) for the front of their truck. post pics if you have

2. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

I have on my 2000 ZR2BLAZER. I went to gmparts direct.com and got 2 bumpstops from a late 90s full size. Truck and put them on the front. Ill post the part number tomorrow. Its at the shop. And the best part is only 12.00 bucks each. If you ho to the dealer you pay 32.00. Each.

3. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

You're running an S10, you have torsion bars you can crank up, leave the bump stops as they are. Timbrens and the like are a gimmick. You shouldn't be driving on bump stops, they're there only to absorb the shock of bottoming out, not to support the weight of your truck.

4. blazer2plower

I do have my Tbars turned up 3 turns. Never ever crank them all the way up on an s10 one turn is. A¼".

5. nathan11507

nathan11507 Member

Really ? Timbrens are made to help support the weight of the truck so that its not sitting on the bump stops......have had em for four years now on my 02 avy 2500 and never once had to crank the tbars...

6. CSLC

CSLC Senior Member

I smell a debate coming up....

7. blazer2plower

I will gladly pay for a part that's going to save me in the long run. 25.00 Buck for a wearable part is cheap ill do that every time.

8. blazer2plower

GM part# is 15712438. It is a good part number for the bumpstops. And it a late 90's and early 2000's full size. Off the rear. They look just like the high dollar parts.

9. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

timbrens ARE bump stops. You are effectively sitting full time on your bump stops.

10. DieselSlug

DieselSlug PlowSite.com Addict

I installed them on my truck and turned up the bars about 1'' to compensate for adding the add-a-leaves in the back. With the plow on and up my truck doesnt even sqwat to the timbrens. I dont notice the ride any different hitting bumps with the plow on though..

11. blazer2plower

The question is what kind of truck is he putting them on