1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Homemade Stud for grouding frame.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by TJS, Oct 16, 2012.

1. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

I needed to make the bolt that grounds the rear frame of my SD to a stud to serve 2 purposes: hold the elect. box for the 2.5" diameter wire harness for my dumpbed headache strobes and aux lights and also another ground that I will feed to the headache rack. I will terminate in here with weather pack connectors. If I ever need to take the bed off I just take off the panel off this box and unplug all the connecters and it is done. By the time I went to the parts store and described what I needed to the parts guy(which they would not have anyway), I made one. I just turned the trimmed the head off of a 3/8" bolt and tig welded it to the head of the ford factory ground bolt. I made the welds so small I can still get a socket on it. Works great.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]