1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Homemade Salt Dogg Controller

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by BDEMOTT, Nov 10, 2009.

1. BDEMOTT

BDEMOTT Senior Member

I have a SHPE750 Salt spreader that I will be rarely using this winter and I need a controller for it. I got boned by a guy on here that had one for $160, Sent the $ 2 months ago and havent seen it yet. Wont pick-up the phone or anser emails. I cant justify the $500 expense for a new one and I am wondering if anyone has made one themselves, and would care to share how they did it. Or if it is at all possible. Thanks in advance.

2. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

Does Karrier make one for the saltdogs?

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Yes they do:nod:

4. BDEMOTT

BDEMOTT Senior Member

just checked it out. They are also $520.00. Someone on here has to have made one before.

5. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

They maybe 520, but it will last forever.

6. emeraldgreen

emeraldgreen Member

Maybe you should let everyone else know who this person is so they don't go through this same thing.
    It may also help you to get this issue resolved. Someone on here might know this person and be located nearby, maybe inquire as to what the problem is.

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Do you understand exactly what is required? These units have a burst start feature to start the motors, overload protection, reverse feature, and vibrator control plus the rheostats strong enough to handle the loads. How are you at building circuit boards?

Or you could go Ghetto, just get some REAL HEAVY switches and wire it on/off and run like he!! while she dumps material.

8. BDEMOTT

BDEMOTT Senior Member

haha well i guess that sums up the post. I am good with curcuit boards but it looks like im going to be spending way to much time and $.

The guys name on here is Iowalawn and his name is nate. Thank god i sent the money through paypal otherwise id be out $160.00. he was great to deal with at the begining and sure enough when i started asking where it was i got no response

9. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Won't work for a dual motor unit.