1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

homemade plow wings

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Dlongerman, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Dlongerman

Dlongerman Senior Member
    from IL

any body make their own? if so pictures and a brief explanation would be great! thanks looking to put them on a 7.5'
  2. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

I made my own, but only because built the blade itself from scratch, & there was no way I could make a OEM wing work. I've always been good with math, but the radius & compound angles involved in the wings still make my head spin! :dizzy:

If I had to do it again, I would find the wings I wanted first & use them as a template for the plow.

If you can deal with the simple old Buyers pro wings, they are worth the money vs. the time spent. You can usually find them for $200+, & I think I payed $75+ just for the 2 rubber cutting edges I needed, plus a lot of :realmad: & head scratching.

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

that is a beauty you made.

I really think you should post pictures of that in the picture forum. Its really nice.

Perfect for the skid. You get the benefit of the plow being able to roll snow and angle but you get a nice large scoup when you need it. Very nice work.

What do you think you have in that for total cost and time?
  4. Banger

Banger Member

Nice work man! Gotta love what a person with a welder can do wesport
  5. aeronutt

aeronutt Senior Member

I built some for a Boss 7.5 plow. Clicky! If money was no object, I'd buy OEM. These wings work great for a fraction of the cost.
  6. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

that looks awsome i think i am going to fab up a set with rubber edges for my xblade its its only 8 foot id like it 9 foot