1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

homemade plow (help)

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by kellysmith4221, Jan 23, 2009.

1. kellysmith4221

kellysmith4221 Junior Member

Can anyone help me on who to make a plow for my atv. i got my mount made and everything else that needs to be done except the blade i want it to be about 4 ft in length and around 1.5-2ft in height. My question is that what degree should i get it rolled at.

And if anyone else has any specs on there plows they made for there atvs and you can post, that would be great

thanks in advance for the help

2. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

go to your local atv dealer and buy one!

3. kellysmith4221

kellysmith4221 Junior Member

i already have the metal to make it just need to know the degree on how much to bend it

4. FOX-SNO-REMOVAL

FOX-SNO-REMOVAL Senior Member

Just eyeball it.;) It inst that hard, just roll it until it looks good.:D It dosent have to be perfect. Post some pics of wht u have done so far and when its done

5. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

ya just try and eyeball it. I can get a sideshot of my plow if you would like so you have an idea.

6. Chiefmorton

Chiefmorton Member

You could always find a plow at a dealer or friends house and use some cardboard to make a template of the radius.

7. leroycool

leroycool Junior Member

eyeball it thats what i did

it worked out great

8. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

This would be the "right" way to do it. Especially if your doing fab work with metal. ;)

9. ALC-GregH

from pa

Use your template as your gauge, roll it, check it, roll it, check it. :D

10. chuckraduenz

chuckraduenz Senior Member

i agree with the above. aslong as you have some sort of degree. you will be fine. this way it will roll the snow when your plowing. i do however wish ida made the angle a bit less on top so it would throw the snow farther. and i kinda wish ida made it 60" wide insted of 54". aint nothing like being a man and building something from nothing..... heres a pic of mine. by the way my rolled piece is aluminum. i saved some weight. i also just used a rubber hammer, and a large piece of pipe, and a bench and clamp.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

good luck.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  11. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

here are some pics of mine I just took this morning for ya. the bottom part of the plow the main plow is 1/4" thick steel.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

the bolts are in the front because I lost my pins I have to go buy more.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. ALC-GregH

from pa

Man your ready to wear the bolts off the scraper edge soon.

14. ALC-GregH

from pa

That thing looks beat to death and worn out. Bolts bent, stuff oblonged. WOW. :D

15. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

tymusicNice job on the plow Chuck

16. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

thing is I dont even beat the thing to death lol. the pins just fall out. the bolts were bent when I put then in lol. and yes I have to get a wear bar soon lol. I have old fisher plow wear bar around here I think I am going to put on it.

17. ALC-GregH

from pa

it's all good. I wasn't knocking it at all. If anything, it's worked it's azz off. LOL That's a good thing. :D

18. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

ya I know. I dont know how the blade got bent in the middle. I have never hit anything hard lol.

19. ALC-GregH

from pa

sure ya haven't. LOL :D

20. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

lolI was just looking and that is where the winch is tied up to it and it must have pulled it back and bent it when I was pushing banks