1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

homemade lightbar using arrowboard lamps

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by csx7006, Nov 6, 2011.

1. csx7006

csx7006 Junior Member

Hello. I am new to the forum and i am building a homemade light bar using WANCO led arrow board lamps. I got these from the contractor that im working for since they threw them away because dust entered the lenses. I want to use my 10 led heads. The lamps are 1/2 of a watt. The led are very bright since they are used on arrow boards. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I want to this as cheap as possible but professionally made. Thank you

here are the lamps
    [​IMG]

back of the led light
    [​IMG]

straight ahead
    [​IMG]

side view
    [​IMG]

2. csx7006

csx7006 Junior Member

hello anybody???

3. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

I'm not sure if you asked a question in your first post.....What are you looking to hear for an answer?

Look like you got a good supply of lights. I can't help ya, but I will sure look at any more pics you post! haha

4. csx7006

csx7006 Junior Member

Here is the flasher that I am using.
    [​IMG]

Here is the bottom frame that im going to put the frames that hold the lights
    [​IMG]
    I need to drill and find some magnets so i can u\take this and put it on the equipment that i use on the jobsite such as a shuttlebuggy

This the frame that holds the lights
    [​IMG]

the flanges for the lights
    [​IMG]

Now i need to drill holes and mount the lighs.

Is there a way to waterproof the back of the leds?

5. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

"I want to this as cheap as possible but professionally made." those words don't go together..

Why are you building this in your bathroom ?

6. csx7006

csx7006 Junior Member

The lighting sucks in the shop that i work at. I am using stuff that is free.Yes i lnow that i am having to buy stuff like fastners and wiring since i dont have that at work.