1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Homemade brine mix

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by psbeaman, Feb 25, 2015.

1. psbeaman

psbeaman Junior Member
    from nc

I'm in eastern North Carolina and having a plow is a luxury that might only get used 2-3 days per year if we are lucky to get snow. May not use it at all.

Was thinking about what it would take to make my own brine for pretreating? I already have a 130 gallon water tank. Figured a simple ball valve and a pvc pipe tied to the tailgate with holes every 1-2 feet?

Seems a simple treatment option with little investment? Can you make it at home? Would it be effective for snow and ice without plowing?
  2. snowish10

snowish10 PlowSite.com Addict

Yes you can make salt brine at home. From what I know it would be effective without plowing depending on the amount of snow.