1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Homemade Back-Rack

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by born2farm, Jan 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

Hey fellas,

I am going to be building a new rack for the back of my truck, but would like to get rid of my current one first. I built this rack from scratch, but it is modeled after the Back Rack brand rack. It has a flat plate on top for a light bar as well as a bracket for a UHF Radio Antenna. I currently have some lights mounted on it that are available with the sale. The rack has four coats of rhino liner on it, and when I pull it off the truck will get a coat of black paint on it.

I am looking to get $170.00 out of it with nothing included or $200.00 if I leave the work lights and single beacon on top.

I am located in Central, Ohio but may be able to deliver if in reason. NO SHIPPING due to size.

Sorry about the picture quality. It is raining outside and I do not have my camera, and my phone takes crappy pictures. I will try and get some better pictures this weekend if needed.

either contact me on here, by email @ goodman_snow@hotmail.com or by phone (call or text) (419) 210-4514

100_0509.jpg

rack.jpg

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  2. born2farm

Bump!!!!!!!!!

3. born2farm

Come on guys...make an offer. I want to build a new one.

4. born2farm

Bump!!!!!!

5. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

lol you can buy a real backrack for under $170 brand new.

6. born2farm

If your interested then make an offer, if your not then no need to post in this thread.

This rack is made out of primarily 1/4" wall steel. Bed mount angle plate is 3/8. Plus it has $100 worth of paint and liner on it. Pretty sure a "real" backrack does not offer that for under $170. Do have a sale pending locally so make an offer if interesteted.

7. born2farm

Item sold!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.