1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Homebrew plow control

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by frmboybuck, Dec 2, 2011.

1. frmboybuck

frmboybuck Junior Member
    from Iowa

Recently I swapped my Meyer plow from my old 87 Ranger to my 2000 Dakota. Had to do a little fabrication to make it fit but it turned out well. I was trying to figure out how and where to mount my switches and decided to make a control box that I could remove when I am not using it. I used my existing switches, a project box, 5' of Phillips Duraflex and a 6 way trailer plug and socket. I can get more pics if you'd like but you get the idea. The socket is mounted under the dash and I can have the box on my lap or console while powing and unplug it and stick it in the glove box out of the way when Im not
    [​IMG]

2. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

Great idea! How/where do you hold the controller when plowing? I would have to hold it in my left hand to leave my right for gear selecting.

3. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Looks great!

I made this one a few years ago for my Blizzard 810. I bought a Meyer Slik Stik for the blade raise/angle functions.

[​IMG]

4. frmboybuck

frmboybuck Junior Member
    from Iowa

That will likely be my plan...As it is, the box will set perfectly in the slot in the steering wheel. I will have to mess around with it and see whats comfortable.

Thats a really slick looking box Johnny.......very nice