1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Home pro review

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by Lil STX Ford, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Lil STX Ford

Lil STX Ford Senior Member

Anybody have insight on the Home pro Model 7 1/2 feet? Poly, other then way less in weight compared to the Snow Pro.. Tks

2. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

No reviews from me... but I'm just curious.... are you considering that model instead of the Sno-Pro because the dealer has it in stock??

3. Lil STX Ford

more for the wight ratio on front end, my truck only has a 3600 lbs on front, if where 37xx then would be nicer.., was spose to be the pro cause I wasn't aware they had the 7 1/2 in poly for the home pro, so it's being shipped from US to Canada just for me :) my dealer is good, its his supplier that's all screwed up, thy sent the wrong plow with wrong sub frame and no wiring harness, so basically useless for me... grrr

but 500lbs feels better then 750 on ball joints and stuff.... I got the 2 1/2 lift on front and timbren's but Tim's are less then 1/4" before touching as it is at curb weight..., maybe after extended warranty is over then i'll bash the truck against every thing i can find lol...
    So choice is more for truck upkeep, and plow isnt for making money, just a tax write off to do a small lot cleanup after a loader and my own driveway for when its to cold to walk my snowblower.

4. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

if it were me.... I'd still get the sno-pro... For the little amount that you'll be plowing, you won't beat up your front end too much. Also, when you do decide you want to plow more (you will, trust me), you'll already be outfitted to tackle the job.. GOODLUCK!!

5. Lil STX Ford

I still got choice of the pro trip edge all steel 7 1/2 or poly home pro 7 1/2, just dont wanna pay to build both of them, I'll have a good look when both are together, all same price anyhows, just the weight factor... if when i trade trucks, I'll just get a bigger better with remote driver lol

6. Lil STX Ford

Yepper!! Sno Pro it is, 650lbs beast with trip edge, seen the blade for home pro 7 1/2 and figured hmmmm hit a cement divider at shop and by by plow, thus the fact that I might just get a bigger truck within next year or 2
    So as of now, there putting together the plow itself, just waiting for sub fram now.. so I'm 1/2 way there i guess.

Image000.jpg