1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Home Plow

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Drakeslayer, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Drakeslayer

Drakeslayer 2000 Club Member
    from Carver

Just saw a commercial for the new Meyer Home Plow on DIY Network for a SUV plow. In the voice over it said "are you tired of unreliable service". Apparently they have no repsect for the people who do it for a living and are paying much more for their products. :nono:
  2. jkski

jkski Member

I don't take it like that. We all know there are good service providers and poor service providers out there and I like to think that I am on the good side so this does not concern me in the slightest. Let's face it, there are always people out there who are going to want to remove their own snow, whether it be with a shovel, snowblower, tractor or now a $2k-$3k plow. This is not business that is really out there for the guys who do this for a living and for that matter I really do not want the homeowner who constantly feels they can do it themselves, so Meyer is doing me a favor.
    In the end I simply look at this as Meyer expanding their product line and being that they are a privately owned company who employ local workers, I applaud their efforts and do not view this as a threat.
  3. NJN

NJN Junior Member

I totally agree with JKSKI.
  4. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

That and there are homeowners out there who live in areas where service might be unreliable due to geographical and economic locations. This plow then fills in the gaps.

5. vadersi

vadersi Junior Member
    from Ohio

I live in Ohio Ohio snow belt. I bought one this year and put it on my 2005 Honda Pilot 2" lift and 31" general grabbers at2. It does a great job. Working at a Honda dealer I plowed the back lot just to see what it will do( is a brand new lot)Have not had a problem yet. I do not plow for any extra money and only do 3 family member drive ways that are two car wide and 40-60' long. Works great for my purpose. Only complaint is the angle and lift are slow. Wonder if I put in a bigger battery if it will move a little faster.
  6. vadersi

vadersi Junior Member
    from Ohio

Next year I will put a rubber edge on it. Being a little and light weight plow the thing shore does make a lot more noise than a full size real plow.
  7. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Extra battery won't change anything speed wise. I'm sure the HO model is slower out of principal and safety for the vehicles they go on.