1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Home Made Tractor plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Moose's Mowing, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Moose's Mowing

Moose's Mowing Senior Member
    from SE PA

I have a New Holland TC33 sitting around, I also have an older Meyers 7' blade and A frame that has no use. I just built a quick attach coupler for my loader and was thinking of mounting that old plow to a plate to use in a pinch.

My question is regarding the hydraulics. I'm planning to attach the plow on the loader arms, and run the angle of the plow with the tilt/dump feature of the loader valve while leaving the raise/lower/float feature alone. If I get the correct fittings, would this work to angle the plow? The old Meyers have a single inlet/outlet so the cylinders oppose each other when angling back and forth. I'm thinking that's not much different on the tractor side for curl cylinders. If one hose is supplying fluid to one side, the opposite side ought to act as the return and vice versa no? the tractor side of the loader only has 4 ports, two are for the curl and 2 are for the arms to raise/lower. So If I plug in the angle cylinders on the plow to the curl ports, that outta work. I"m just not real sure how the hydraulics are set up on the tractor side, but in my mind this is a wonderful idea. It feels like I'm missing something here that's really obvious......??

Any body have anything to say about it?

2. micklock

micklock Senior Member

I just put an old western blade on a jd 4520 and it works, even the float works. I used 3 of the four ports.

3. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

Post some pics please

4. micklock

micklock Senior Member

I only have one (not very good) pic but it's on anther computer and I don't know post it from my profile page, you can see it there. You should only need two ports using the loader arms for lift.

5. micklock

micklock Senior Member

Here's the pic
    [​IMG]

6. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good hopefully it gets used a lot this year

7. micklock

micklock Senior Member

Only got to use it once almost a month ago when I took the pic, no snow since then. The only thing I'm missing is a cushion valve for the angle rams, should have it this week. I put a flow valve on the lift to slow it down, still drops like a rock.

8. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

If you are mounting that to the loader arms, I'd think you should put a crossover protection valve in there.

If you were to hit something hard enough, it would help, not stop but help in preventing bending the loader arms

9. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

One thing you want make sure off Drain the rams before plugging up to the tractor You don't want that plow fluid in the tractor

10. Moose's Mowing

Moose's Mowing Senior Member
    from SE PA

Good ideas, I didn't think of that. Thanks!!