1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Home-made Plow Dolly

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PlowKid150, Nov 17, 2003.

1. PlowKid150

PlowKid150 Senior Member

Have any of you guys made plow dollies for your plows? I have an 8 ft western pro plow and i need some ideas on building a dolly for it. Pictures, ideas, whatever..... I will really appreciatte any input you guys give me. Thanks a lot.

I love snow because i love moneypayup

2. slowpoke

slowpoke Member

I tried all kinds of homemade dollies over the years. Most took up too much storage space when not in use. My favorite was made by a buddy. He used 2 wheels off of a shopping cart and welded them to pipes that would fit in the shoe brackets. Worked like a charm. If you need a 3 point system you can make one that will attach to the frame. Best bet is to use a small trailer crank jack positioned to clear your bumper. Attach with a clamp. Good luck!

3. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

try a set of snow mobile dollies out of the Northern Tool catalog.

They work usually...

Derek

4. Ohiosnow

Ohiosnow Senior Member
    from Ohio

Last edited: Nov 18, 2003
  5. mxz600

mxz600 Junior Member

I use snowmobile dollies. Work great and for 30 bucks a lot cheaper than the purpose built units.

Jay

6. Heron Cove PM

Heron Cove PM Senior Member

7. PDQ Pete

PDQ Pete Senior Member

One of the places I plow is a small fast food hot dog stand, they receive there buns in trays and put them on small dollys to wheel them in. They gave me two of them I just welded two 3/4 square bar about eight inches high on one end and when done plowing I just pull in to the dolly when the plow hits the two 3/4 inch square bar and aligns it self and drop the plow.
    Pete:drinkup: