1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Home made mibar type plow lift

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by NicholasMWhite, Nov 20, 2011.

1. NicholasMWhite

NicholasMWhite Senior Member

Just wondering if anyone has ever thought of (or made) a mibar type plow lift out of an electric trailer jack. I would think anyone with a welder and novice fabrication skills would be able to whip it up without a problem. You could buy a jack like this ( http://www.amazon.com/Electric-Power-Tongue-Trailer-Camper/dp/B003V59R0A/ref=pd_sim_sbs_auto_2 ) and have a electric lift for under $120. And I don't think you'd have problems with it failing considering it's 3000 lbs capacity. Hell if you're good at fabrication you could even buy a second one and set it up for turning the plow.

Just a thought for those of you looking for options other than the winch lift.
  2. hghgrad

hghgrad Member
    from MI

It may work. Grab one and give it a whirl. If you've got a trailer, and it doesn't work out on the quad, you could always toss it on there.
  3. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Havent made one with down pressure, but i have used a similar actuator for an atv plow lift. The last one i made was used as a chain lift like a truck plow. It worked great for me. Drew a fraction of power compared to a winch, and lifted twice as fast.