1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Home made brew

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Jim Wilson, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Jim Wilson

Jim Wilson Junior Member

Is it possible to mix your own brine in a golf course type fert sprayer? 150 gal. tank with built in mixers. We clean a lot of private roadways and have a sprayer available to use.

2. JohnRoscoe

JohnRoscoe Senior Member

I don't have a recipe to offer, but sure, it could be done.

I have similar equipment, as well as a hydroseeder, and had thought about using either for Brine, but frankly, I'm not willing to run and store saltwater through them. It's not like chem applications where you can take your time cleaning out in the sunshine at the end of the day, I'd think you'd want the brine laying in there ahead of time and might not be able to clean up well after an application. Is it worth it to you come spring to risk high-dollar chem application equipment? Just my thoughts, it might work out well and save you on buying additional equipment if you're set on brine.

3. leon

leon Senior Member

golf course sprayer

I would be more worried about spraying weed killer residue with the brine and any residual kill come spring time.