1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Home Depot

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by bobcatboy06, Nov 7, 2006.

1. bobcatboy06

bobcatboy06 Member
    from PA

I was just curious to know if anyone has ever plowed a Home depot or knows of anyone that plows a home depot? Do you bid it for the entire season or do you charge a price per time?

Thanks,

Bobcatboy06

2. salopez

salopez Senior Member

I have not plowed for them myself, but I know they can be cheap. really only want you to come out once in a 24 hour period....or less.

many times you can work out aggreements with their main offices in new jersy for the pa stores and get a better rate.

Hope that helps.

3. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

I would bid a Home Depot by the hour per truck.I wouldn't bid it seasonal or per inch.Thats just me.

Brad
    RCGM

4. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L Senior Member

I have a proposal for one near me sitting on my desk. You can have it if you want it. They want a seasonal price, to be broken up over 4 months.

Although not all of them operate this way, some of them are bid by the hour. So to answer your questions... it depends... some do and some dont.

5. bobcatboy06

bobcatboy06 Member
    from PA

PerfiCut Lawn & Landscape

I'd be interested to see what rates you came up with. I have my bid finished but it can't hurt to compare. Can you please email it to me at loveridgelawn@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Bobcatboy06

6. bobcatboy06

bobcatboy06 Member
    from PA

I'm still interested in what you have to say about your bid

Thanks,

Bobcatboy06

7. heavy detroit

heavy detroit Junior Member
    from Livonia

retail

As with many retail stores it is good to plow before the employees get there. The HDs around here open at 6:30 am and many employees show up between 5:30 and 6:30. A lot earlier than other retail!