1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Home Depot

Discussion in 'Sweeper Forum' started by trebordollars, Jan 25, 2006.

1. trebordollars

trebordollars Junior Member

Anyone out there want to share what they would charge for sweeping a Home Depot assuming a 5 nights per week?

2. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

We have 3 guys from Poland sweep the floors at my supermarket. Probably $16-18/hr I would guess? Home Depot's are a bit bigger in size though, and only have concrete floors.

I would think there would be a better forum to ask this in though.

3. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Sorry.....just realized you were asking about parking lot sweeping.

Never knew we had a "Sweeper" Section.

Sorry.

4. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

I cant help you but that was really funny:D :bluebounc

5. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Reading back, it looks like I made a funny!

But I was serious....I never knew we had a special section for parking lot sweeping guys.

I know the shopping center next to my house gets swept (sucked) by a vacuum truck every night around midnight. Those trucks are amazingly loud at that hour of the night.

The lot at my supermarket NEVER gets swept by a truck...they have a retired guy go around every day emptying trash cans and picking up litter.

6. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

I heard around me they go for like $35 per sweep. Sound low but if you do them every night or even five nights a week it adds up. Plus you don't have to do a full sweep every night.

7. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

That sounds cheap to me :dizzy:

The guy doing the one next door is there at least a half hour that I hear him. This would be the upper lot and side entrance, the rest of the lot I cant hear him. I'd say he's there at least an hour and a half a night. If he's not getting at least $100/hr I cant see how he makes money.

8. trebordollars

Agreed

I think $45 to $50 per sweep (assuming 5X/week) would be reasonable. My experience is that Home Depots are like grocery stores and make lots of trash including those darn plastic bags!

9. sweeper

sweeper Junior Member
    from south

Home Depots

Down in Atl. area we get $30 - $35 per nite. We also blow the front of the store around all curbs and sweep the back. Some are hard to work for and slow pay

10. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

WOW!! :dizzy:

And these sweeper trucks cost how much? And how much does it cost you to dump?

11. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog Senior Member

I was asked to bid on a lot. My question would be what do you get per acre? That would help me. I want to put a sweeper on the front on my A300.

12. sweeper

sweeper Junior Member
    from south

I use Masco Sweepers cost $46000.00 new I dump at the Co. landfill free

13. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

I was looking at those units. How do they do?

14. SNHSERV05

SNHSERV05 Junior Member

sweeping,

46,000. and free dumping, hmmmmmmmm, makes me wonder. what are the payment on 46,000. and for how long? $35.00. $40.-$50. a night, per lot, and you even blow the front of the store and around it..........omg sounds like someone is doing alot of wear n tear on a sweeper for no $$$$$$$$$$, but thats just me, I worked for a construction co in Mass and they had 2 sweepers ( Elgin ) those brooms and conveyors dont take that much abuse, if you wreck a tire on a curb, BOOM out goes more than 35-50 $$$$ for that one tire

15. trebordollars

Hey Sweeper

I am seriously considering purchasing a Masco on a Toyota Tundra and would love some feedback. We currently run Schwarze 347s and 348 and I want to give Masco's a try for a couple of different reasons.

Thanks in advance for the insight.

Trebor

16. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

You guys have about the same money in equipment as I do for plowing.

What are you guys grossing an hour? How many lots/night? How many can you do between dumps?

Maybe there is money in it, but the figures I'm seeing, it just doesn't look all that appealing.

17. murray83

murray83 Senior Member

local guy here charges about $150/hr but has a 3 hour call in minimum then add water useage and if labourer work is needed or if he needs to bring in his tandem to haul the sand/trash away but he also has a bad rep for paying his guys for 40 hours when they worked 60 or more....and not cleaning corners and doing whatever his mobile sweeper can get...maybe i have a new buisness venture to get into payup

18. sweeper

sweeper Junior Member
    from south

I have six masco sweepers four are Toyota T-100 and 2 are Toyota Tundrathey do a great job. I also said cost was 46000.00 new but there are alot of used ones out there. I set my prices so that each truck will make at else 75000.00 per truck after thing is pay for like payroll - ins. -fuel and so on.

19. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

How is the support on them. There are no dealers around me so if something breaks you need good support. How the toyota hand it. It seems like a small truck.

20. murray83

murray83 Senior Member

been thinking of buying a sweeper at the city auction when it comes around again,or and older used one say a mobile... man $300 to sweep a lot once plus a little labour work,new home depot just opened here in an area thats just booming with big box stores if i had a sweeper i'd make a nice wage with the maintainace contracts, just scared i'd loose my shirt or have no contacts. also zero experience with this field doesn't help either lol

any ideas? i can count 6 large lots within less that a mile apart payup oh well someday soon maybe