1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Home Depot

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by a palustris, Dec 11, 2003.

1. a palustris

a palustris Member

I was at Home Depot tonight to see a friend who works there and guess what I saw... They are now selling snow plows. I believe that the manufacturer is Snow Bear. Really a PATHETIC plow. You have to get out of the vehicle to pull the pin so you can put it in one of three positions. It is raised and lowered by a short webbing strap and an electric winch. I believe the price was $999? Not sure how wide it was. Maybe a 7 or 8 footer?

2. t4dodge

t4dodge Member

3. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

A new neighbor of mine had a guy plow his driveway with one of those, as if thats not bad enough he had it on a 2WD toyota, needless to say with the 13 inches we got he could hardly even push it. He kept backing up and hammering it. All I could do was laugh.

4. Roger Dodger

Roger Dodger Senior Member
    from nw Pa.

If he takes small bites with it, it should clear a driveway..... eventually. It's strictly a personal plow and if used as such , can get the job done if one is patient and tolerant. There are all kinds of people that spin this world. Some of them feel a manually operated plow of lightweight & limited function is fine for them. Afterall, folks bought & drove Yugos!

5. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Take the GRAND and pay a pro to plow your driveways! :nono:

6. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

sno-bear snowplows are junk, end of story.

7. Chuckwk

Chuckwk Founder

You get what you pay for....

8. Sndun

Sndun Member

LB Landscaping,
    Please take a pic and/or video next time. PLEASE!
    I need a good laugh and that will certainly do the trick. :drinkup:

9. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

I would say in the case of the Home Depot plow I saw yesterday I don't think you would get half of what you pay for. On the other side of that coin I have about $2000 in my plow including the truck and I got an offer the other day for three times that amount. I have a Warn ATV plow that is built better than that silly Home Depot plow.

10. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

Sndun, it's supposed to snow here this weekend, I'll keep my eye out for him!!!! It was pretty funny.

11. Erlee

Erlee Junior Member

Saw that same plow set up at a Lowes store on Long Island. It's definitely a lightweight; the mount up seems like it will barely hold up the plow, nevertheless pushing any substantial snowfall.

As NJ Plowman stated, spend the money on plow services provided by a pro, or, keep it in the bank and buy the right tool for the job when ready.