1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Home Depot

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Longae29, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Everyone get their bids done for Home Depot?

If you don't bid you can't get the job I suppose.....

2. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

I wont get the contract because I bid what the contract SHOULD go for ..... not what it WILL go for... i don't like losing $ payup:rolleyes:

3. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

How do you get the bid requirements? I can't handle that this year, but maybe next year I can. How does one get in on the action?

4. Longae29

I won't either......but you throw enough darts at the board eventually one sticks.

5. mike6256

mike6256 Senior Member

Um, let me think....NO!!:drinkup:

6. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

Longae29 I'm guessing you where contacted be this Shields Facilities Maintenance comapny also?? I know I wouldn't get it either but you never know. My big question is, does or has anyone done anything for them and what are they like and just who in the heck are they?

7. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

EXACTLY!!! To want to plow for HD is akin to wanting to re marry your X. You are going to get F- - - - D !!!!!!

8. TPC Services

Mick76, I don’t know why you would lose money on bidding it. The company that called us was wanting our numbers not trying to tell us what they would pay us to do them. So like Longae29 kind of said as long as you are throwing darts at it maybe one will stick sometime. I wouldn't waste my time on ones trying to tell me what they are willing to pay me they can go get bent!!!

9. ANA Proscapes

ANA Proscapes Senior Member
    from NH

They are asking for your numbers because they them selves are in the bidding process. They will only tell you want they are expecting you to do it for once they have the contracts.

10. ProEnterprises

ProEnterprises Senior Member
    from CT

It sounds like every big outfit around bidded on this one. It will be interesting to see who gets it.

11. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

one company will get all of them. then all these outfits that bid it will get calls to plow them for half the price they bid it for. isnt it fuking wonderfull!

12. TPC Services

You never know until you try!! I know how the bidding process works thanks :waving: And if this National want to come back and ask me to lower my price then ya I will walk but until then like has been said on here before, you throw enough darts at the board one is bound to stick!

13. ANA Proscapes

ANA Proscapes Senior Member
    from NH

The national that contacted me is not the same one that contacted you. I did throw some darts at it, but I know I won't get any of them and I sure as hell won't lower my prices to get them.

14. grnstripes

grnstripes Senior Member

anybody hear who got them

15. FISHERBOY

FISHERBOY Senior Member

For my area Springwise has the Home Depots

16. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

I got the ones for iowa/nebraska/missouri...

17. Longae29

So I assume you are doing the ones in Iowa, Nebraska and Missouri for half the price you bid it for?

payup

18. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

beer and pizza actually. and a 1 year subscription to off road magazine. i think i did good.

19. grnstripes

grnstripes Senior Member

The price for the beer alone has to be more than the contract

20. JTK324

JTK324 Senior Member

hey does anyone know how to throw my hat into the ring with home depot in rhode island i would like to get a bid packet but i dont know who to contact