1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Home Depot the new Meijers??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowbrothers101, Oct 2, 2012.

1. snowbrothers101

snowbrothers101 Senior Member

Has anyone seen this National pricing that Home Depot put in place? It looks like they drove the price point into the basement. There is no way this corporate run program will stay afloat...unless they want their lots to look like Meijers...$50 plow service anyone?!?!?!

2. DaveCN5

DaveCN5 Senior Member

Home Depots are hit or miss. Some are bid out to nationals, others contract snow removal independently. We've had a Home Depot for more than 5 years now that is independent and we make good money off of it. All I know is if ours ever goes to nationals... SEE YA!

3. Plow More

Plow More Senior Member

I bought my truck from home depot....cheap.....

4. Rainer

Rainer Member

You bought a Chinese truck?

5. salopez

salopez Senior Member

we just lost 2 large GGP accounts to a national that was 85% cheaper than us! things are crazy this year

6. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Ggp went with a national? Crazy. The mall we bid has no business not having onsite management in charge

7. Masssnowfighter

Masssnowfighter Senior Member
    from ma

What are you guys seeing for prices on the Home Depots this year? I saw one guy said USM was only paying $18k for the one in his area for this coming winter. I know the ones near me went for $27k-to $37k in years past. So if all of them are going to be under $20k this year they are going to have a pretty tough time finding anyone stupid enough to do them

8. ProPlow LLC

ProPlow LLC Junior Member

Basement Pricing with Home Depot

I nearly hit the floor when I saw what USM was paying for snow removal. Are all these national maintenance companies on the same pay scale or do they all pay this terrible now? HD's in my area are going of 10k per season. How can make any money?

9. slc12345

slc12345 Member
    from CT

When did you guys find out about your GGP sites? We are still waiting to hear on ours, they keep telling us by the end of the week for the last three weeks.Hope to find out soon. Did you hear which national?

10. snowbrothers101

snowbrothers101 Senior Member

Did we ever hear who GGP went with?

11. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

Problem is, there will always be someone willing to take something on regardless of how low the pay is....

12. plowfever

plowfever Senior Member

The national around here is paying subs $75 a hour. That is not to terrible for truck rates but those lots require more than just a truck. They wanted me to do one this year and I told them they are crazy and to find someone else. You know they are probably billing them $125+ hour and making a killing on the back of a man that does not know what he is getting himself into. I see a trend in my area to return to more local companies and away from nationals. People get tired of calling corporate offices to get a answer and not being able to ask someone that is there a question because they can't speak any English. I have picked up several account over the last 3-5 years from them and don't see it slowing down anytime soon.