1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Home depot models. Ariens or snow tek by Ariens? LCT engines?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by clydesdale, Dec 1, 2009.

1. clydesdale

clydesdale Junior Member

I have a friend in need of a snow blower. I have a 10/28 Ariens and like it. I am not familiar with LCT engines or the Snow Tek line of Ariens. Does anybody have thoughts on Ariens vs. Snow Tek at home depot. Or info on the LCT engines? Thanks.

2. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Don't know for sure, but Big Box stores seem to carry oddball, cheapo versions of familiar brands that aren't the same models as you mgiht find at an actual dealer. I suspect the HD Ariens are the same deal.

3. Tikitak

Tikitak Junior Member

Ariens

First post, great site. I hope to be a professional too someday!

Anyway, I just bought the Ariens deluxe 24" with the Subaru engine. I looked at other brands and the Sno-Tek line. Ariens describes the Sno-Tek line as entry level. Therefore less expensive and more cheaply made. They save money by using cheaper parts. Also be careful on Sno-tek, the 22" is single speed only, this would drive me crazy.

Reading reviews from various sights helped me form my opinion. I would have looked at Toro more closely too, had I found this sight earlier. Toro seems to be very popular among the forums.

Lastly, if you buy the best, you'll only cry once. :cool: