1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Home advisor....worth it?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by beanz27, Nov 19, 2015.

1. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

They keep calling me, is it worth $287 for the year or not?
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

you a lowballer?
  3. JMHConstruction

JMHConstruction Senior Member

4. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

For plowing no, for tree work or any other larger job...maybe
  5. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

Far from it, I'm on the high side.
  6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

People on there look for the lowest price.
  7. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

Called for a bid today, not sure if I can handle it......

8. Meezer

Meezer Senior Member
    from Indiana

No, it's not:nono:
  9. Snow Commandor

Snow Commandor Senior Member
    from 07666

I was on it for a year or so back when it was Service magic. All I got was people looking to get 5 bids and go with the cheapest one. That and a lot of requests for semi weekly lawn maintenance. What a waist!
  10. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

You would get better results talking to your existing customers, getting referrals from them, and once you land those referrals, sending the customer who referred you a nice gift card, certificate for free plowing, or whatever you like which shows your appreciation.

This way, you get solid leads, vs a bunch of jerked chained tire kicking pains in the asses.
  11. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

Well I'm definitely not going to do this, I'm not interested in cheap customers, especially residential. Thanks guys.
  12. FredG

FredG PlowSite.com Addict

I been a member of homeadvisorpro for 1yr. It depends what type of work your looking for. If your looking for snow services you can get some resi. for about 9to10 dollars a lead I got one for $40.00 small and turned leads off for snow.

For the concrete, Paving, excavating, pipe work etc. it is ok. I no a guy that does real good with tree service. I got a good amount of commercial and a lot of residential.
    I'm not a lowballer and I'm not the highest.

You will get a lot of blowhards that won't call you back and are just looking for cheapest or needs to be done but don't have the money. I absorb a few and I usually get a credit on the bad ones.

It all depends on your advertising budget. To me the $225.00 I paid for the membership and the $10.00 to $30.00 per lead is alright. As long as Homeadvisor is reasonable and you don't have to pay for all the blowhards it works for me. Stay in a small radius where your leads come from.
  13. FredG

FredG PlowSite.com Addict

You can also put dollar amounts on your leads. If you don't want to spend no more than $ 100.00 per month this is all you will pay. You also get rated by your jobs performed and is publicly seen on homeadvisor.

Some are top performers with 5 stars some are 3.5 stars. The key is to stay in a small radius.