1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

homade brine

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by powerjoke, Oct 8, 2005.

1. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

i'm gonna make my own brine this year i think it'll work there is alot of info on this on the net but basicaly put 2.27lb of dry salt to one gallon of water or 5 gallon to a 55 gallon drum i am going to try to mix it with my powerwasher that puts out about 30 degree water and fill my sidewalk sprayer out of the drum i have about 1 mile of side walk so the damn spreader sucks and they would probably get pissed if i drove my truck on it :rolleyes: , i ave a bunch of roadrunner ice melter has any one ever made brine out of that?
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

There was another post on this subject by this person which, unfortunately, got deleted. I had gone to some research to provide an answer and am not going to duplicate that. For any future readers, the basic solution is 3-5.3 pounds of salt in a gallon container and fill with water. Experiment and adjust.

I hope this thread doesn't get deleted.
  3. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

There was alot of bickering and bashing going on in that thread. As long as this one stays civil it will stay.
  4. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

thanks mick that will give me soemthing to play with