1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Holy V plow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ford6.9, Nov 5, 2008.

1. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

2. TEX

TEX Senior Member

not what id do with my new truck but ok
  3. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

I guess that guy felt he needed to beat the piss out of his truck to make it through.

4. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

lol.....you gotta do what you gotta do!

snow is the easiest part of some of my truck's life. and is defenatly the easiest part of the life for the heavy stuff

sometime's you have to beat on a rock with a trackhoe bucket 'cause the hammer is not on the job......sometime's you have to jump a ditch with youre truck that a 4 wheeler would have a hard time crossing, because you need to get to a cow etc. but if you think that that guy was hard on his truck........you must set behind a desk all day.:nod:

a truck is just a tool.and don't try to justifie buying that 4 door grocery getter to the wife by putting a plow in it.......Use the damn thing or go back to that VW jetta that you was driving last week lol

5. twgranger

twgranger Senior Member
    from .

amen :salute:
  6. paponte

paponte Senior Member

It's a Ford... thats nothing! wesport
  7. BigLou80

BigLou80 Senior Member

gota agree with you and the others. I bought my truck to get a job done, I am not going to go get a loader every time I see a snow bank.

Besides in physics terms as long as the snow bank is kinda soft(IE not frozen solid) its really not all that tough on the truck. Those few extra fractions of a second of deceleration make a huge difference

8. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

The first time he hit the pile it looks like he had it in scoop. Then he hits it straight. I wonder if he knows it goes in V.
  9. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I use my truck for what it was designed for but I sure as hell don't use it for a battering ram. Thats what the V position is for.
  10. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

The only thing I see wrong is that the operator (using this term loosely) is an idiot and doesn't put the blade in the V position. That's definitely one situation that a V is needed.

Still could've made it through with a Blizzard and a back blade, though. ;) :D
  11. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I wonder if that's Neige. LOL Silly frenchmen.
  12. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Nah, he's Dutch. A Dutchman would never do that. :D
  13. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Why beat your equipment, that is absolutely insane, apparently some of you have more cash than I do, and that's ok, but every job has a right way and a wrong way of doing it, the end result may be the same but I would much rather get an extra year or two out of my equipment cause I use it right and not do what this guy did.

Apparently he had no experience or was just out to prove some sort of CRAZY point, why else was it being videoed ??
  14. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

If you look closely, that snow is what I'd call the light & fluffy stuff! The crap we plowed last year (1/2 the time) was wet heavy, slop. I would love to plow snow like he has there.
  15. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

It looked like it was in V the first time but yeah it was straight the rest of the time. Personally, I see nothing wrong, how else was he going to get through???? Id say hitting a sewer cap that sticks up an inch over the surface is harder on a truck than that.

I can definately see why ford had an issue with snow packing into the airfilter box though!
  16. DFLS

DFLS Senior Member

He probably would have gone thru in v mode the first time.
  17. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

i may be wrong but i think he went into it in "VEE" because at about 28sec you can see him putting it in scoop so he can back out....i would say he had alot of snow behind the blade and it was easier to back away in scoop

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kh0Zx1tEa7E&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kh0Zx1tEa7E&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

18. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

Its not that I dont think u shouldnt work your truck, thats what you bought it for. Im just saying, and its all a matter of opinion, I dont think he needed to use his truck as a battering ram, he could have taken a differnt approach and probably reduced his wear and tear.

19. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

He put it in scoop to get it out but it looks pretty straight when he hits the pile.
  20. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

That's what I was saying :)