1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Holy sh!t!!!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 2006Sierra1500, Jan 15, 2012.

1. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Also, the MM1 SEHP 8' weighed 850 lbs. The new 9' HD weighs 745 lbs. Just food for thought.

Also, the new 10' MC weighs 1308 plus the ~140 of the vehicle mount. This plow is also 3 inches taller and ~300 lbs lighter.
  3. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

It seems odd that there is an archive for the Internet to begin with.....another sign of getting old I guess.

Nothing is built as it used to be. You have to take into consideration today's vehicle capabilities, and the effort in expanding compatibility. Today's plows are just as strong if not stronger then the previous versions. We're not looking to use these plows as body armor....we're fighting snow. I can't say that I've ever seen or heard of a punctured moldboard that wasn't due to misuse ....have you? The only thing that has decreased over the years are quality control & customer service, imo. With that being said, I've heard and seen more positive things recently that shows they're trying to step up their game in that respect as well. I just hope that I don't have an insitince where I have to find out first hand.
  4. ram_tough2001

ram_tough2001 Senior Member

whoa.... i have the old 8' sehp mm1 2 plug.. so the new 8' mm2 im getting in about a week weighs in at 717lbs. thats pretty amazing. im pretty sure there is less metal on the head gear and a-frame on the mm2 compared to the mm1.

if thats the case... maybe ill see what the price difference is between the 8' hd and the 8'6" hd... 8' hd at alton motorsports in alton, nh is selling me an 8' hd and truck side wiring(basically a full setup minus push plates) for 3950. so i dont think it will be too much more than that!
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  5. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

love my 8ft and 9ft speedcaster blades. Thumbs Up

almost take 2 men to move around off the truck . wesport
  6. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

I sold my Fisher 8' speedcast a year and a half ago that was in excellent condition for $700.
    The guy's that came to pick it up, it took three of them to load just the blade alone, no a frame attached.

I replaced that plow with a MM2 8'6" HD for my 85 K20, and I was very surprised how light it was compared to the old plow. I wished afterwards that I had kept the old blade and swapped it to a MM1 set up I had at the time and just bought the Fisher push plates.