1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Holy Mackeral...

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Snowpower, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

I got lucky on this one. I knew it was junk and had to make it that last storm and it did. But wow....lookat that thing.

Going to cut the nose pieces off and weld on some new ones if I can get them, or make a set on our own.

Sector holes aren't too bad. Not worth the hassle involved in repairing them or replacing the sector.

2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

wow :eek: that would've been a fun time if she let go during the storm. you got lucky
  3. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

I have had them let go 3 times LOL its not a fun time at all!

My blew thru the hole in the A-frame and the mole borad.
  4. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Well I ordered a new top and bottom nose plate, and am upgrading that 5/8ths king bolt to a 3/4" piece. Will bore the new holes myself. That will correct the sector holes being slightly egg shaped, and make it tight.

I also have new chain connectors coming and am going to mount them on the nose like the C model plows. This is an ST and they have them on the sector release plate that the sector slides back and forth under and I dont like that setup. I think it is a bad design myself and I cant figure out why they do it one way on an ST and another on the Commercial blades.

Where do you get those little U-Bolts that connect the chains to the little plates? :)