1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Holland MI subs needed 2007/8 season

Discussion in 'Employment' started by sk187, Aug 6, 2007.

1. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

We are a excavation company in the Holland area and are going to be bidding some very large jobs this winter and I need to get prices on subs.

We currently have a loader with 16' box plow, X-county truck with 12' hyd plow/ belly blade/ salt spreader, and a skid steer which will either get a box plow or snow blower on it.

I am trying to figure out if it is worth adding plows to our trucks or to sub the pickup plowing out.

So, basically I need to find out who is available and what the general hourly price they receive is.

Either PM me or post in the thread.

Subs must be available at all times as these jobs are priority and very large (expect 5-8hrs each call).

2. F350 Snowman

F350 Snowman Senior Member

Too Bad is isnt closer to the muskegon aera, i would be glad to help, good luck this season and be safe.
  3. WMHLC

WMHLC Senior Member

I'm from Grand Rapids, but I hear in Holland, subs get anywhere from $18-$55 per hour. I pay my subs based on experience and equipment.
  4. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

I just need general clean up plow trucks.

A loader with 16' angle/box blade and muni truck push the snow to a curb where a skid steer with 8' blower shoots it into a ditch.

The pickups are more for cleanup so nothing special is needed.

I will discuss the price with the sub.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I can see subs in our area getting anywhere from 30 to 65 an hour. Depending on the truck, experience, and what kind of plow (vee blade or straight).
  6. F350 Snowman

F350 Snowman Senior Member

18 an hour? who would work for that....i want to find those subs around here, if they are any good? lol.

I wouldnt even think of getting out of bed for that kind of money..

Just my 2 cents.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Right. I have to get at least 30 an hour minimum
  8. shredder

shredder Junior Member

30 minumum for a sub? I wont plow for less than 45 an hour, usually get 50 - 55 an hour to sub, why would you settle for 30?????????? or less????????????
  9. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Shredder, you don't understand about this guy.... he has a terrible bid on a ginormous place, so he doesn't very likely have any money to pay people after he leases big equipment. The other thread is listed as something like "2,000,000 sq ft bid" or some similar thing.