1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Holland MI area bulk salt distributers?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by sk187, Aug 6, 2007.

1. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

Where is the nearest location to Holland MI to buy bulk salt and what is the general per ton / pound price (I will need alot).

Thanks in advance.
  2. WMHLC

WMHLC Senior Member

Check with some local trucking companies, most sell it, and can get it
  3. troy28282

troy28282 Senior Member

Brewers City Dock. I think that you have to pre-order tonage.
  4. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

Thanks for the replies.

We do alot of business with brewers , I'll give them a call tomorrow.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Or What You Could Do (i Wouldn't Recomend This) Is Just Go To The County Building On Ransom And Go In The Building Where They Keep All The Salt. The Loader Is There And The Doors Are Wide Open. (i Go By There Everyday In The Winter). Just Kidding!:d
  6. MDSP

MDSP Member

Verplank in Ferrysburg. 55-65/ton depends on how much you haul out at one time. 25 ton + is $55, less than 25 ton is 65. This is 06/07 prices.
  7. Natures Edge

Natures Edge Junior Member

Bulk Salt in Michigan

Speak with a guy named Randy at Sweney Kern Manufacturing. He has about 5 locations of bulk salt by the barge loads throughout Michigan. Great prices, better services. His number is 989 793 9393 or cell 989 274 4617. Tell him Rob in Canada ref. you to him. He can supply up to 25000/ST per customer