1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Holiday Inn

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JD PLOWER, Oct 20, 2003.

1. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Has anyone here worked for the Holiday Inn corporation? What experiences did you have and would you recommend working for them? I was asked to give a seasonal proposal on a local Holiday and I was told that the corporate headquarters in Memphis would be making the final decision on the contracts. I'm not even sure they understand that the contract is for three years (the maintenance man does not have a grasp on the language yet). Any information you have is greatly appreciated.

2. JD PLOWER

JD PLOWER PlowSite.com Veteran

Bueller Bueller... Holiday Inn has hundreds of places in the snow belt (if not more), somebody must plow one :help:

3. jbutch83

jbutch83 Senior Member

We don't have a Holiday Inn, but we do have a Holiday Inn Express. I bid on them last year, did not get the contract, and now am glad that I didn't. They fired one company midway through the season, because another company claimed they were not using the correct amount of salt that was specified in the contract. I know the company that was doing the work that got canned, and they were not doing a bad job. We had a guy come into town last year, that was stealing accounts. They did tell me when I submitted my bid, that they would send it to the home office, and it would be their decision. Not sure if this helps any.

John

4. ROSELAWN

ROSELAWN Member

You should consider the frozen moisture that precipitates from the atmoshere, attaching to the terrain forthwith you speak of. Figure the geometry therein, thus relating to the geographic region in which you reside. Then you shall find the answers that ye seek.......Sorry ........I stayed in a Holliday Inn Express last night! HEE HEE HEE;)

5. vector6

vector6 Senior Member

you had me going there for a minute !!

:dizzy:

6. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

LOL@ Roselawn:D

7. Pickering snow removal

Pickering snow removal Senior Member

Alot of holiday inns are independ owned such has here in my town we have done the one here for 10yrs but we are only hired has subs has the owner of the place has a decent chevy pickup with a vplow they pay us per time when either the snow is more than the owner can handle or hes gone out of town, imo i think hotels and motels are a real pita tons of cars to work around and in our case limited places to put the snow we get paid 100 per hour and stay has long has the little fellow needs us so i dont complain however just saying alot of headaches involed.