1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Holiday Gifts From Customers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Lux Lawn, Dec 24, 2008.

1. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Whats everyone getting for holiday gifts from their customers...anything?
    So far I have gotten Cash and Home Depot gift cards.
    Sure is nice to have at least a few customers that appreciate the work we do.

2. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

I got a check for $65.....

3. jkiser96

jkiser96 Senior Member

I got a check from a customer that usually pays 45 - 60 days, this was less than a month, so I consider that a bonus.

4. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Last weekends storm I must have had 6 or 7 customers ask me how much and they are paying 10 or 20 more than I say. Awesome!!!

Bruce

5. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I was salting one of my accounts when this little old lady asked me to come over. Usually they like to yell at me and complain. I smile and tell them we try our best. This lady was elderly and was telling me what a wonderful job we do and she handed me $10. As much as I tried not to take it she insisted that I keep it and wished me a Merry Christmas. I will put the $10 in the Salvation Army kettle the next time I see one. There are people out there that need it this time of year more then me.

This account is Assisted Housing.

6. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

This is exactly what I got from a few of mine -- do we have the same customers??

7. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

i know this might sound ungreatful but i wish customers would stop giving my alcohol
    im really a drinker id rather have the give me the $15 the bottle cost.

8. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

It makes great washer fluid!

9. Lux Lawn

Maybe...nah but they could be relatives of my customers.
    Anyways its always nice. I have one customer who gives a gift for the entire crew.

10. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I got some cookies and some egg nog the last storm.

11. Lux Lawn

Steve, I hope they at least spiked the egg nog with something good.

12. redstroker_2002

redstroker_2002 Member

We gave our customers baskets with goodies in them. Just to show the appriecation of business

13. Woodland

Woodland Senior Member

Cookies, brownies, chocolate......same as cash to me!

14. jgoetter1

jgoetter1 Senior Member

A very good customer sent payment with an christian christmas card with a $100 amex card. Made my day. Needless to say, in the future I'll do whatever I can to make him happy.

15. Lux Lawn

Yeah, they should get some extra special treatment.
    Maybe clean their driveway when there is just a little snow just as a thank you....let them know they are appreciated as a valued customer.

16. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

i got a plate of cookies today from one customers who only needs me to plow sometimes and i havent even plowed for her yet either way it was nice to be appreciated

17. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

The mall we plow had a pizza party for us at one of the restaurants in the mall.

Right in the middle of the storm they said come in at 1230.

They bought 12 pizzas for my 6 guys and the mall security guards, very nice.

18. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

wanna know what i got from my boss this year??..

accused of cheating him out of an hour while i was inside fixing my mirror so i could see to plow....

and he hadn't even gotten the bill yet that DID NOT have that hour on it..

******* stupid shoveler moron of bosses thinks he can rat me to boss...nice backstabbing illegal scumbag too..

sorry......been a crappy year....

19. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

I usually end up with about $100 in all. $10 here, $20 there. Usually a gift certificate to a local eatery thrown in. Last year plowing, this one lady brought out piping hot chocolate chip cookies when I was plowing. I could have kissed the ground she was walking on.

Dissociative, sorry to hear about your troubles. Sometimes people are just plain ***holes.

Here's to a better New Year!!! :drinkup::drinkup: