1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Holding angle against a snow bank.

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by BPK63, Feb 17, 2007.

1. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

I was just wondering if you are up against a big snow bank and say the left side of the plow is hitting it as you're going along slowly. Should the blade stay in place because mine pushes itself in. The angle holds fine on flat surfaces but when I was pushing up a high pile the snow bank would just push it all the way over. This plowing thing is new to me this year.
  2. Easy

Easy Senior Member

I have the same problem with my Curtis plow. The Meyers I had prior to this held the angle better, but still gave into the pressure. I don't know if any other plows are better, lets hear from others.
  3. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

I have never had that problem with my fishers but I recently got a Fisher with Meyer E-47 and it will not stay angled if there is anything pushing against it.
  4. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

The cross over relief valve will operate when too much pressure is put on one side of the plow. This is adjustable and if set too high will cause damage to the c valve if something is hit.
  5. swa136

swa136 Senior Member

My ST 7.5 w/E47 does the same thing. My ST 90 w/ belt driven pump does not because it has no refief valve. The lack of a relief valve has caused me to burst a few hoses over the years. It's a pain to have the plow give in to a snow pile, but it beats blowing a hose, and spraying oil everywhere!
  6. motoxdk24

motoxdk24 Member

mine does too, my buddy's brand new boss does too.....too much pressure itll give....it aint a bulldozer