1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HOA Snow Removal

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jbell36, Sep 18, 2011.

1. jbell36

jbell36 Senior Member
    from Kansas

we have a typical Home Owners Association, in a cul de sac with 12 driveways, for snow removal this year and I am trying to figure out the best way to do snow removal...we have a 4400 tractor with a front loader and a backdrag blade in the back and two trucks with plows...it's a very nice HOA and i am a little nervous about a tractor being on there and possibly tearing up the turf or a curb, they are very cautious of this as well...i have also thought about a snow blower for the tractor. A bobcat is possible too from a sub.

what would be your plan of attack with this equipment?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

If your just doing the drives,use the trucks and back drag it then push all the snow into the center of the cul de sac.

3. jbell36

jbell36 Senior Member
    from Kansas

sounds like that would be the most efficient way...the hiniker C plow is very intriguing for this exact reason, think that would do a cleaner job?

4. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

I have a homeowners association with slightly more driveways and it is also a very nice area. What we do is plow all the roadways and then snowblow all the driveways. They actually require us to do it this way and it actually works out very well.

5. jbell36

jbell36 Senior Member
    from Kansas

yeah thats another option that i was considering...efficiency is going to be key tho because we have a lot of snow work this year, thats why i asked, seems like theres quite a few different ways to do it...

6. leon

leon Senior Member

HOA and snow

If you can find older crated unsold JD inventory-

I have a JD LA115 with a twenty horse b+s and a 42 inch two stage snowcaster, rear weights and chains. And aft6er havinjg used it for mowing all summer I can state I am inpressed with the Tuff Torque transmission and the Briggs and Stratton power of this tractor.

As I purchased the LA115 this spring I have not used it for winter work and I wil be using it to
    keep paths open to the wood piles and the coal pile.

I purchased the LA115 with the 42" mower and 42" snow caster for just under $3,700.00.

I have seen many good comments about the LA115 and the 42 inch snow caster with either weights and chains or loaded tires.

The tractor is small and you can buy a good soft cab from Berco for it too.

Other than buying unsold crated inventory I would suggest a BCS 853 walk behind tractor with the 32 inch two stage BCS/BERCO snow caster. The BCS two wheel tractor is all gear drive and the Snow caster attachment is also all gear drive and they have been sold for many years.

7. bi-directional

bi-directional Member

Since you already own a 4400 JD I would use it for the driveways, depending on the amount of snow you get you could get a blower or a box blade for the back with plastic or rubber cutting edges on them. The damage you talk about is not caused by the type of equipment but by the driver. Visibility will be better with the tractor compared to the trucks.