1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HOA season contract sidewalk bid request - 725' long × 5' wide

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by RonWin, Oct 4, 2015.

1. RonWin

RonWin Senior Member

**Disclaimer- Will be using a 2013 two stage Ariens 30" Deluxe series snow thrower. This area had 16 events in 2013-2014 and 22 in 2014-2015 with a 2" trigger.

I got a request to bid on their "common area" sidewalk which is 725' feet in length by 5' width with a 2" trigger. It is on either side of the neighborhood in a straight line down the street. There are also 11 houses on either side of the street that I bid on doing in another package. Half of the "common area" sidewalk length is on either side of the street leading up to the 11 houses with the remaining half of common area sidewalk after the houses, again on both sides. Homeowners are responsible for the sidewalk that runs in front of their properties.

It would be great to get both HOA duty side walk and the 11 home owners drives/sides so that i could have a guy go up the one side of the street and then down the other. But incase that doesnt happen what would 725' by 5' width contract out for? How much additional for ice melt included?

2. RonWin

RonWin Senior Member

Bump! Advice appreciated

3. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Is the walk a total of 725' or 1.450' your OP is a little confusing.
    Using 725' and the equipment you mentioned you should be able to clear the walk and spread de-icer (60-70#<>) in about an hour.
    If it's a higher end HOA you should be able to get $125.00 per visit, middle of the road HOA, $90.00 per visit.

4. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

What part of NY
    Also do you have a pic
    Who plows snow into those walk town or you so will there be same amount of snow or double if town plows snow into curbs

5. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

7 Bags of ice melt, a 50 pund bag will do 100 linear feet, charge for 8, at $20 a bag, buy it for under 10, Id charge $150 to clear the walks with an ATV

We have a sidewalk that is 2,200 feet long by 5' wide its $200 to clear

6. RonWin

RonWin Senior Member

An additional area is needed to be cleared as well, ita looking like 1700' length by 5' width. Thatd be 17 bags each time??

7. RonWin

RonWin Senior Member

Snowthrower atv? How . much that package run

8. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

50# per 100 linear feet (5'x100'=500sq feet) would equal 4,356# per acre.
    I think most people would agree 700-850#s per acre is a good number to go in at for bulk/rock salt.

9. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

This isn't bulk salt its sidewalk salt, way more foot traffic, much heavier application, You can get away with up to 150' at 5' wide walks (750SQFT per 50 LB bag), but I price it per 100 LF and keep the difference $$$ I price bulk at 1,000 lbs per acre...

For the OP just figure one bag does 125 LF at 5' wide for pricing.

10. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

I used bulk as a point of reference for coverage for an acre.
    I use a product called Sno-Plow http://www.morgro.com/SNO-PLOW for walks, this product requires very little to be spread and it very effective.

11. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

Mr. Buffy...How mulch is that per bag?..

12. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

JDL out here does a preseason order program for semi load pricing, they allow several contractors to split a semi it you don't need a full load. Going that route it's $6.35, 50# bag otherwise it runs $7.45 per bag when you buy a pallet.
    It's not cheap but it goes a long way, plus it's Eco/pet friendly which people like to hear and I've never had a problem with it killing vegetation or grass.

13. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

7.45 per bag is pretty cheap

14. RonWin

RonWin Senior Member

Peladow pellets 50lb bag is 16.35, wtf. Thats pallet pricing too (55 bags)

15. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

Why would you be using Peladow???..Is that what the customer requested??

16. RonWin

RonWin Senior Member

Qhat type of cal chlr is the best ans cheapest to get? I called 2 diff. Warehouses and thats what they had