1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HMMMMmmmm......6-12 huh?!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Fisher II, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Fisher II

Fisher II Senior Member

Try 1......yes thats 1 friggen inch of snow! Boy I wish I had the weathermans job....get paid wether you screw up or not! In Russia the weatherman are fined if they get the reports wrong.....that's it...im moving!! lol!
  2. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Even less here. Just a coating of slush. Although it appears to be snowing now, but I don't think it is going to accumulate.
  3. Chevytruck85

Chevytruck85 Senior Member

a good 8 inches in NW CT
  4. 02F250PSD

02F250PSD Junior Member

We were suppose to get an inch or less here in central PA and we ended up with around 4 inches! :gunsfiring: No one around here was ready for it including me. :dizzy: The weather guys have been off so many times this winter it is not even funny. :angry:
  5. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Last weekend, when southern MN got 20+" of snow, all day Thursday, Friday and Saturday, we were supposed to get 6-10" of snow.

I'm less than 100 miles north of where the 20" of snow was, we got 3 flakes.

Looks like all weatherpeople are off once in a while.
  6. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

We got almost 2" of slush--would have been about 4" snow if it was colder. Just enough to plow and salt my big contract, nothing else.

Its actually about 80% melted now already anyways... and it was a Night From Hell too... :p

Actually glad its over.
  7. L.I.Mike

L.I.Mike Senior Member

I plowed 2 inches of slush from 3 to 5:30 in the morning. My house is 20 minutes away had maybe a half an inch.
    I believe this was the last hurrah.
    Time to put it away until next season.
    I really cant complain, this year has been very very good. $$$ payup
  8. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

About 7 inches of heavy wet stuff here plowed all night payup
  9. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

That 20" storm that missed me....

I've got everyone on contract...

payup :)
  10. Dupesy

Dupesy Member

3" here. It's melting so fast, I didn't even bother going out.
  11. heather lawn spray

heather lawn spray PlowSite.com Addict

1/2" in Kitchener On, melted out by 9:30
  12. fordman89

fordman89 Junior Member

We got about 2'' of slush i was out with my bigger contracts. My street was almost down to pavement but that didn't stop the town from thundering down at 5:30 this morning.
  13. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

Up where I am in Vt., didn't see a flake, in the southern part of the state, some people picked up 10-11". That's O.K. by me though. It's been a long couple of months and everything is starting to thaw. Makes a mess this time of year.
  14. Peopleeater

Peopleeater Senior Member

Good thing the weather guys around here don't live there. They probably would have been killed. They javen't been right all year. When it does snow they say its not gonna, and vice versa. They should have just said no snow all year, and would have been wrong only 5 times or so. Well, it hasn't been quite that bad, but pretty darn close. I was lucky to have made more this year than last year. Only 5 times, maybe 6 that we had to plow. Winter HAS been over, you guys are just catching up to the rest of us unlucky ones. :cry:

Well that's plowing for ya, I guess.

15. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

Get those wheels polished on your big rig, it's just about to hit the road. Any day now we will be rolling here. Truck is ready and hopefully it doesnt rain to much to shut us down.Good luck with your haulin season. :)
  16. mike33087

mike33087 Senior Member

yea ok

yea these weather men blow

i was all set to go, when i didnt wake up to the phone call at 3 in the morning saying lets go plow the town called i knew it, i looked outside at about 5 and there was like a .5" on the grass not even slush in the roads, boy was i pissed for the rest of the day. My friends at school thought it was funny :yow!:

17. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

3.5 inches here way off
  18. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

What a joke!

I was up at 5 and looked out the window and couldn't believe it. There was nothing!!!!!! So much for "8-12 inches", and you're right, I love how they continue to be wrong and get to keep a job. Must be a nice gig. I will admit though, I wasn't really too disappointed about going back to bed for a few more hours! One more run would've been nice, but it's been a great season and I for one am looking forward to getting out on the deck with a pitcher of margaritas and firing up my grill with a couple of nice 18oz ribeye steaks......YOW!!! :yow!:
  19. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

I was suprised to have just a coating after all the hype the night before but I was not upset either. Like John said, it has been a great season. I too am ready for the warm weather.
  20. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

You forgot to do the snow dance!!

Geesh, some people. :nono: