1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HMMM Wonder why i got this contract!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by powerjoke, Dec 15, 2007.

1. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

i had a new one, call yesterday and i went over looked at the lot and then went in and bid it high, and i got it! HUH, then one of the boys plows the lot comes bak to HQ and shows me this pic he took with his camera (everyone carries one) Kyle went in and told them about the damage and they said "that's why we called you" (use to be the landscaper)

so now i know why i got the contract, but i don't know how it got damaged?

i think i am higher than everyone else but everyone knows what kind of quality we do, so our client list is growing, last year we picked up about 7-8 comm's after the 24" and this year we picked up 5-6 after the ice

anyone else picking up work this year, from other plower's neglect?

first storm last year i took one from another landscaper the guy called and said one storm he had 5 lawsuits 3slip&falls and 1 accident involving 2 people, and wanted me to clean the mess up, i didpayup , this year they were the first one to return a contract
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  2. PlowOrDie

PlowOrDie Senior Member
    from ohio

the legal aspects involved with plowing BLOW...

I guess a strong contract is your only bit of security
  3. tman3007

tman3007 Senior Member

That's just classic...love that pic.
  4. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

Looks like it got back into. Probably some careless A-Rod doing a 100 in reverse and slamming on the brakes and miss judged the wall and slid into it.
  5. NW Snow Removal

NW Snow Removal Senior Member

We've been getting alot of extra work in Chicago region. Started with about 60 lots now have about 100. Guys doing well except with the minor details on some of the pickier clients.