1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hmmm, how should I do this, Lift kit conundrum

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by White Gardens, Jan 5, 2013.

1. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

My 05 F-150, super cab had a massive rake to it.

Right now I've got my plow set in the bottom holes of the bracket, but the A-frame still goes upwards a tad. Now, it's probably within tolerances as the cutting edge wears down, it will probably be level in a season or two.

But, I noticed that the plow mount will sometimes barely drag in situations where I have a bad apron on a drive or just other random spots with extreme angles.

I also noticed that my Timbrens are pretty well smashed with the plow on. It's probably normal, but they do touch when the plow is off the truck and I wonder if I need just a bit of clearance for the suspension when the plow is off the truck.

Now, I think a 2" lift in the front will do the trick and maybe a shade much. But, my concern is that I do haul stuff in the summer along with pulling a trailer. So do you think a 1" lift or 1.5" lift would be better.

Or, do a 2" lift and put timbrens on the back?

The reason I'm thinking of doing this now is that I need to replace the hubs and 4wd actuators on my truck as they aren't functioning. And while I have it apart, I think I'll tackle the lift while I'm at it as I'll probably get it re-aligned when I'm done.

Just looking for opinions.