1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hmm....

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by MatthewG, Dec 22, 2010.

1. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

I recently purchased a case of FF. I have been spraying it on my truck and brand new salt spreader and brand new plow.

I see that the FF always stays wet. It also attracts alot of salt and salt particles. With so many of you guys using this stuff, is it common? I feel like it would do more harm than good since the salt is sticking to all my sprayed metal surfaces instead of just bouncing off.

Also do you reapply after washing trucks, I took my truck to the carwash and it seemed to just blow right off so I have to respray.

Thanks

2. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

You don't need to overapply the product to get it to work, which will help with some of the salt or sand. The product creates a barrier, so whatever does attract to the wet surface will not penetrate through that barrier. It also won't get tacky, so you wont get a buildup of stuff.

When washing, avoid the pressure washes. Just rinse off with a hose. That will remove the debris but not the product.

3. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

If it washes off, don't worry Dano will always make you some more. payup

4. Dano50

Dano50 PlowSite.com Addict
    from CA

Amen, Brother! :D