1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

HLA snow pushers?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lawnboy2121, Nov 16, 2012.

1. lawnboy2121

lawnboy2121 Senior Member

does anyone run HLA snowpushers. I am looking at a 8 ft 3500 series pusher for my skidsteer and wondering how they hold up. It is a bottom trip steel edge thanks

2. lawnboy2121

anyone rummimg them

3. South Paw

South Paw Junior Member
    from Ontario

I run an 8ft 3500 series on a caterpillar 257 track loader, works excellent, very sturdy, well built, scraps ice and compact snow down to asphalt with ease.

The bottom is a steel trip edge, works well, its reversible, if your going to be doing alot of backdragging, make sure a back drag edge is mounted on it.

In fact I just purchased another HLA similar with 8ft., that widens out 13 ft., hydraulic snow wing they call it.

4. lawnboy2121

what did u pay for the pusher ? I got quoted 2500 for the pusher

5. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

We run snowwings and also have a straight blade, they are awesome!

6. SHAWZER

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

We have a 9 foot, 4000 model angle blade with manual end plates on a jd 84 loader,built tough and works excellent.

7. South Paw

South Paw Junior Member
    from Ontario

2 years ago I paid 3800.00 for the exact one you are thinking of purchasing in Ontario, Canada. So 2500.00 sounds like a really good deal. Good luck!

8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

We have a Horst 8ft skid blade that is on it's 9th season and all we've done to it is change the cutting edge. They use the same trip assembly on the lighter blades as they do on there heavy ones so it's basically indestructible on a skid.

9. lawnboy2121

thanks for the info I want a 10ft pusher but they have the 8 ft in stock for that price I may just go with the 8 ft pusher just a few more passes

10. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

another plus of an 8 footer is you can trailer it with the pusher on.....

11. lawnboy2121

that is true but my acounts I use it on r close to gether so I will drive from site to site. Faster than trailering and in the middle of a storm not to worried about the with

12. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

If your skid is big enough to handle the 10ft I'd get it. The up front money will save you a lot of time and allow you to maybe pick up more work.

13. lawnboy2121

its going on a newholland 225 should be no problem . its handles an 8 ft box with no problem that I made and its deeper than a bought pusher

14. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

I run a 10' 3500 series on my Case 120, no problems. Drivers haven't been able to hurt it yet.

Bill

15. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

I think anyone who does not have a HLA wish's they had a HLA....including me. If you want more info on them just do a search on here. A lot of good things about them have been said on the site.

16. NickSnow&Mow

NickSnow&Mow Senior Member

does anybody know if you can get the 2500 series in johndeere green?

17. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

I've seen HLA products in green, look like it was a factory paint job, since your close by, a phone call to Horst would confirm it.

Bill

18. NickSnow&Mow

NickSnow&Mow Senior Member

awesome not that it would make or break the deal but it would be nice if it matched my tractor and blower. Thanks

19. thatstherule

thatstherule Junior Member
    from Waukee

If you are looking for an HLA, I have three for sale. 2 - SB3200W914 and 1 - SB4200W1218.