1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hitch spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by bobcatnj, Nov 23, 2004.

1. bobcatnj

bobcatnj Member
    from NJ

do they make spreaders that mount into the towing hitch on a f250. you take the towing ball out of the hitch and put the spreader in place. do they make this. i heard of it but couldnt find it anywhere. if so where can you find them?r they any good? im just plowing res driveways. so i dont need a spreader thats 2 big. anyone reccomend any other types??

2. J HIsch

J HIsch Member

Yes they make hitch mount spreaders. Most all major plow factory's make a model. I think the curtis is the best spreader out there, becasue of the motor is totally enclosed in a weather tight box. Most are exposed. check with your snow plow dealer. Western has one, Meyer, sno-way, snow-ex, Lesco, and the list goes on and on, they run about 1200.00-1500.00
  3. ZamboniHDB

ZamboniHDB Senior Member

The Western model 1000 has an enclosed motor.

Just about every manufacturer of salt spreaders have a hitch mount that would fit into your receiver on your truck.

Just my .02¢