Snow Plowing Forum banner

Hitch mounted spreader????

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  BRL 
#1 ·
I plow using a Jeep Wrangler with a Western uni-mount SUV plow.

Does anyone make a small spreader that mounts to a trailer hitch?

Thanks,
John.

#3 ·
Welcome to plowsite. You might get more replies if you start a thread in the ice management forum. Try a search first before posting because the subject may have been discussed before.

Off the top of my head, the western/fisher pro fro 2. Air flo makes a unit which dino (plowking35) has uses, the baby is the name of it i think. it's a 1/3 yard stainless spreader availible gas powered or electric. use the search function to find more.

bryan

#5 ·
Air Flo's unit is the MSS and would not work in a receiver without some interesting fabrication.

I would look into lightweight single stage poly hopper units. They will only be able to spread salt though unless you go with a Trynex.

I saw a Wrangler today with a Western uni-mount. Plow sure hangs out well in front of the bumper. I guess this is because the uni-mount frame is even with the bumper. Not like the old Jeep plow frames where everything was behind the stock mounted bumper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.