1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hitch mounted spreader stand

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by rocksbite, Jan 17, 2013.

1. rocksbite

rocksbite Member

im thinking of a way to unhook my hitch mounted salt spreader. its the meyers mini. even empty its to heavy to attach alone. im thinking it could be as easy as a few 2 saw horses tall enough to catch the sides of the spreader or as complicated as a metal structur with a hydrolic jack and a lift arm similar to an engine hoist

2. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

go to harbor freight and get the transmission jack .... its on rollers too .... i made a platform to rest it on .. adjustable with 1/2 drive

3. rocksbite

rocksbite Member

Hmmmmm great idea! I think ill make a quick frame with legs so I can slide the jack out

4. herb1001

herb1001 Senior Member

Do you have a picture of the platform you made?

5. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

This is what I came up with for my TGS.
    I built a crash bar that protects the motor and it's so the spreader slides out of the receiver onto the stand and roll it away.

stand1.jpg

stand2.jpg

stand3.jpg

stand4.jpg

6. Hambrick & Co.

Hambrick & Co. PlowSite.com Addict

Nice looking stand how stable is the salter when on the stand. I've been thinking about doing something similar. I have a western 1000 and know its top heavy but the larger base you built would seem to help with stability.

7. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

It's pretty stable rolling around, the nice thing is you can roll it out to pressure wash it and tuck into a corner of the shop.
    It's one of those things that are real handy.

8. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

I used a two wheeler and a custom wooden crate for my TG06.

9. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

i know my freind just uses his engine crane

10. rocksbite

rocksbite Member

Thanks guys. I decided I don't use my truck that much besides to plow. So ill figure somthing out in the spring. Also I don't have a garage yet