1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hitch mount spreader?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by mklawnman, Sep 20, 2015.

1. I am looking for a new hitch mount spreader, we use bagged salt currently and I have 2 Western low profile 2000 salters for my pickup trucks one that is 10 years old the other 7 and they still work great. I am thinking about buying a new Pro Flow 900 for my Dump truck, which i think I can use the hitch mount and ratch straps to hold it on to the truck? Not sure if this setup will work or not. I have heard the Western 2500 is not a good spreader.
    My other option is to move up to the big V-hopper and put that in the dump bed, but I have heard you need to empty the hopper out after every salting if you dont use it all up, which I dont have a storage bin for that, I can get bulk salt at my supplier but if I dont use it all on one storm im worried it will freeze and harden up in the hopper. The majority of the time the truck will be parked in a heated shop when I am not plowing.