1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hitch mount spreader opinions.

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by glennemay, Feb 2, 2011.

1. glennemay

glennemay Member

Good Morning All,

Well here in Mass we are in the middle of a nasty ice storm, and snow yet again.

Let me first say that I am by no means a professional. I plow a couple of driveways and my own. One of my driveways is almost 3/4 of a mile long asphalt, and mine is a large parking lot shape.

I am considering a hitch spreader for my truck, only because I have no need for anything larger and frankly am tired of walking the crappy Scotts or hand held POS around to spread salt or sand.

What I want to know is which one is best for light use, easy on/off, etc.

Thanks in advance for any opinions.

2. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

The Boss TGS-800 is a very well-designed spreader
  3. Check out http://www.saltdogg.com/Salt_Spreader/TailgateSpreaders/ My company has used these products for a while with very little problem. Also try searchin ebay or craigslist for one but make sure if you buy one used it comes with speed control and wiring harness or you could be looking at significant additional costs
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  4. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

Check out snowex

They have a several to choose from.
  5. billet-boy

billet-boy Member

I use a western 1000 I can put it on and off by myself and it is low profile only complaint it has a small hopper 500 pounds i think.