1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hitch mount salt spreader quick detach

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by ChloMag, Sep 12, 2005.

1. ChloMag

ChloMag Member

I need a quick method to detach my Buyers tailgate low profile spreader. I need to use the same truck for a trailer to deliver firewood. Now, it takes two people to r&r the spreader. I need to do it with a one person method. I can handle the weight, it is the "bulk" that is the problem. I know it sounds like a personal problem, but, I can yank it out but I can't get it back in.

I have dreamed up a few faulty floor jack designs. I don't own an engine hoist and can't afford one this year. I was hoping someone with a similar experience could shed some light.

Thanks in advance.

Eric of
    ChloMag Corp.
    2004 2500HD
    Blizzard 810
  2. pbeering

pbeering Senior Member

We use ATV jacks. You can get it on and off and wheel it around when it's off the truck.
  3. ChloMag

ChloMag Member

Thanks, I'll check them out.
  4. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

I use a 4 wheel dolly and push up to the hitch, tilt the spreader back to where I can push the sleeve into the hitch. Works well and can have it hooked up in under a minute.