1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hit my first parked car today.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by pwrjnky, Jan 8, 2010.

1. pwrjnky

pwrjnky Senior Member

was Plowing one of our apt complexes. I sub contract for a business in town. I was back dragging parking spots....the particular spot had a slight downhill grade and I started sliding and caved in the grille of this older ford explorer and put a dent in the hood with my plow. I located the apt that guy lives in (according to neighbors) . Guy wouldn't answer the door since he was probably sleeping since it was 6 am. So I left him a not to call me. I've been plowing for a while now....this was bound to happen sometime. Anybody else do this yet this season??
  2. cpsnowremoval

cpsnowremoval Senior Member

couple storms ago i slid through a 3 way intersection without my plow on. with it on i tend to stop better without sliding. the truck also has a better ride with it on
  3. pwrjnky

pwrjnky Senior Member

well ...I may have gotten lucky. The 2 maintenance guys that blow and shovel said they thought the front was already smashed and it hasn't moved in 2 months. I went and looked closer at it and there was some tape on it. I may have just finished the job.
  4. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

I backed a lawn trailer into the front of a f150 in front of the property manager....
    she said the same thing....been there for months, and was already messed up in the front...I was like "cool".

5. Neige

Neige Sponsor

First storm in December my guys hit 4 cars. I really hope that its for this year, was a lousy start to the season.
  6. BK Hammer

BK Hammer Member

So I've plowed this bus depot going on my third season now. There are always a couple of busses in the back lot so I know I have to be extra careful. Anyway, I was plowing parallel to the bus and missing another vehicle on my opposite side moving snow to the stack. Backed out, while watching the bus, the truck, and the plow simultaneously (same as all the other removal experts out there) and thought I should just stack snow all over the truck. Just then, I side swiped the bus :laughing: You dumb A**! Long story short, I fessed up to the manager and was able to fix the minimal damage myself. Hooray!
  7. Herm Witte

Herm Witte Senior Member

Welcome to the club. :)

Herm Witte
  8. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

So you left a "So I left him a not to call me" note? sweet........

i usually write it in the snow, if they don't get my message before it melts or gets cover by more snow ..................
  9. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Hopefully it will be the last car you hit too. Crap happens.....lol
  10. wildwilly

wildwilly Member

my buddy needed some salt for his drive...he told me a friend of his was over....taking note of that... I backed UP the drive (S-bend with 2 Colarado blue spruces on both sides) and backed into another buddy of his that showed up 5 mins before I got there.Saw the 1 car... the other was in the shadows!!!!

going out to help a buddy-----n/c
    salt for a buddy-------------------n/c
    1995 vw trunk replacement+rental car...$1237.68..with a memory and lesson
  11. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

I backed into a car this morning. Still feel pretty bad- called my insurance co and reported it right away. Did all I could do.
  12. fordpsd

fordpsd Senior Member

I backed into my buddys truck during the big storm we had here in December. It was after almost 24hrs with no sleep and i thought he was staying to the side of me. Just started rolling backwards when i backed into his bed.

Anyways were getting it fixed and hopefully won't happen again.
  13. green frog

green frog Senior Member

That sleep thing sucks I was out 25 hrs straight and caught myself driving on the wrong side of the road. Went straight home and got a 2 hr nap.
  14. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

Well I can say I have been lucky so far, just clipped a basketball pole, it didnt do any damage to the pole just scrapped some paint on plow ....

Where in Allegan you located?

Now that you have hit something its smooth sailing from now on! At least that's how I look at it !!!!
  15. trycyber

trycyber Junior Member

Dont have to be careful anymore,,,well at least with that vehilce...