1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hit by old lady, need rental

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cb171985, Nov 30, 2011.

1. cb171985

cb171985 Junior Member

the night before thanksgiving i was sitting at a red light when a elderly woman rear-ended me. the cops thought she was doing about 50 and never hit the brakes. bent bumper down, messed up tailgate, bed, pushed bed into cab, dented cab and bent rear window frame(which sent the window in on me). why dont we test these old people every year? oh thats right... i live in mass. anyways, has anyone around me had something happen and had to rent a truck and where did they find one in the boston area? her insurance is going to have to cover.
  2. wewille

wewille Senior Member

I think Enterprise, penske, and ryder do long term truck rental where you can upfit the truck as you please. I dont think it would be worth it tho...
  3. bskiball

bskiball Member

College girl hit me going 50 mph as well (Cell Phone). Destoryed my trailer and trucks hitch. Her insurance screwed around for seven weeks to get my truck fixed and would not pay for a rental truck cause I could still drive it. What good is a truck with no hitch? Still no money for my trailer yet. My neighbor rented a truck to pull his boat from enterprise rent a truck and was pretty happy. Such a pain do deal with all the hassles of such incedent. Go Luck.
  4. sectlandscaping

sectlandscaping Senior Member

never happened to me. I hope your alright and dont miss a beat.
  5. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

have your attorney tell her insurance co that they will need to pay for a sub plow if they dont remedy the situation asap
  6. bbct001

bbct001 Member

United rentals does outfitted plow trucks. Not sure what their terms are, and I'd hate to see the trucks after a year or 2, but might be an option for you.
  7. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

I second that. Or, call your commercial insurance carrier and they can put the screws to the other company also.

8. CCL LLC

CCL LLC Junior Member

I know the feeling, especially around this time. Similar story. I just my my truck back after hitting a deer. I had the truck for 3 days. I was sitting at a red light outside home depot and some ***** shoplifted, went flying out of the parking lot, ran the red light hit a guy coming the other way and both cars smashed into my truck. She jumps out of the car and runs. I later found out she called someone who picked her up and they tried running a undercover cop over and the cops ended up firing some shots. I was able to get a brand new 2500hd with 8' fisher from the dealer to get me by the first storm. Another reason why I bought another truck over the summer haha
  9. Bandit

Bandit Senior Member

I believe Jack Madden Ford will rent a pick up truck and allow You to tow Your own trailer , spoke with a landscaper last summer and thats what He was using while his truck was down .
    Not sure if they have plows on the rentals but a F-350 Dump is $ 149. a day .
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2011

RIVERVIEW7 Member

I know hertiz rents trucks with plows and salters. I have seen guys by me with these trucks all winter long.