1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hit back button 9 times = back 1 page?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by JDiepstra, Mar 18, 2009.

1. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

Hi. Any ideas why I have to hit the "back" button 9 times to go back one page? Is this a site glitch cause I always have this issue here, but nowhere else? Thanks.

2. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

I just went to several different threads and into several different forums and using the back button was not a problem for me. Are you making sure the page has loaded completely before hitting the back button? Just a thought because I am not sure what would be causing that for you.

3. PDQ Pete

PDQ Pete Senior Member

Same thing here, but four times is the max for me. The more replies there are the more times you have to click the back button. Only happens on this site to me.:)

4. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

back!

not sure but i think it can be a two fold problem .they have had server problems ,and it can have to do with your Internet provider not being fat enough . you can test yours buy running speed test http://www.speedtest.net/ it helps rule things out .

5. JDiepstra

Speedtest = 975 and 350. What's that mean?

Wow, appears very slow compared to speeds in Chicago....

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  6. JDiepstra

Thanks for the quick response! I'm not sure why but I have this issue everytime I use this site. And it's only this site. :confused: I do wait til the page fully loads. That usually only takes 1 second or so. Takes me much longer to read all the posts than that!

7. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

I see this at work all the time.
    You are using Internet explorer 6 right?

It has something to do with the ad that is supposed to load first.
    I will look at it tomorrow and post a better explination of whats happening for the mods.

S

8. JDiepstra

I do use Internet Explorer but I don't know about the number after it.

9. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

I have the same problem, have been noticing that when i click the back button i get somehting down in the bottom left corner flashing something about googleleads., Its a really quick flash so i cant get all of what it says.

10. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

i dont use internet explorer any more than i have to ,to many problems .i primaraly use mozilla firefox my speeds right now are 7025 kbs down load 474 kbs up load . it has been well into the 8000 range in the past ,a little slow now .:waving:

11. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

ok guys, I am having this looked into to see if it is something on our end...will let you know

12. hedhunter9

hedhunter9 Senior Member

Same problem here, Have to hit back button 3-4 times to go back 1 page,
    I complained of this before, but got no help.

I clean up my history, deltete cookies etc.
    nothing helped.

And it is only this site it does it on...

Bob

Yes I use IE Explorer

13. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

Hey Michael
    Here is a pic of what is happening.
    It does this every time on IE 6.0.2900.2180 (XP version)

It seems that the Google leads load second after clicking on links ...and if you stay on the same page to long it appears that they start to stack up.

My IE 7 at home is unaffected and the Google leads will not show up in the history of the back button.

S

Error.jpg

14. hedhunter9

hedhunter9 Senior Member

Not sure what changed,

But this morning, I am able to click back just once and it works...!
    Yahooo!

15. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

Michael

Here is the problem
    My Browser must have Java permissions set wrong.
    The code quoted below is taken from the web page that I snapped the screen shot from.

I can not see the ads or my quote and I am not sure if you can but if you quote me... The javascript command to show the ad is in there..

This line should place the google ad in the page where I noted in the top pic 1.
    However since my settings are wrong or possibly the version of java is old they do not show up.
    They do however show up as links in the Back button.

Next when you hit the back button it actually loads the ad like the second picture attached 2, but it does not move you back a page.
    If there are 3 (broken link) ads on the page looking like my frist picture below then you have to hit the back button 3 times to load all 3 ads.
    Once all 3 have been loaded it takes you back to the previous page.

On longer threads there are more ads in there and it may take 4 or 5 to load all the ads before you can go back a page correctly

You guys that are having problems look for this first picture 1 and see if you have something like it between posts.
    Count how many you see and see if it is the same as the number of times you hit the back button.

S

error JS.jpg

error js2.jpg

16. JDiepstra

Well, today i only had to hit it 4 times. So is there something I can do on my end?

17. sparky8370

sparky8370 Senior Member

9686 and 1320 wesport

18. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

my connection is fast.
    [​IMG]

19. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

I'm having this same problem too. I usually have to hit the back button 3 or 4 times because the "google" things appear in my Back history.

20. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

I have that problem too, but only in the Equipment and Tools picture section.