1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hit again by low ball gang

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by aus316, Dec 8, 2008.

1. aus316

aus316 Member

:gunsfiring: Over the weekend with second snow plowable here in ohio i get a call from three contracts 2 possible(thinkin on it still now:sleeping:) and one who made a verball o.k for the quote dropeed off in early november . as i head out sat night / sun morn i click phone to find 3 voice mails all three have decided to use some one else who was willing to do there bussiness for half of my bid keep in mind there was two resturants and a good year
    both 7 day a week accounts and require top notch services and some one out there cut my throat for half i can only imagine the service they are gonna recieve (but me being a open minded person i didnt argue and said well i only ask one thing of u and thats when they (A) dont show up(B) give u poor service just call and ill help u out .BUT!!! I will require cash payment on or before completion!!!!:gunsfiring:as many of u here know we all get beat by lowballers but when will consumers realize they are better 2 pay for quality and service instead of quanity:drinkup: To all my fellow plowers (RIDE SAFE!!)
  2. Turbodiesel

Turbodiesel Senior Member

Wait till the big one hits , that usually separates the men from the boys.;)
  3. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

well with anything in life.. theres pros and cons ... poeple would rather underbid to get work and get 100 lots .. just to make up for a decent bid for 20 lots at normal price that they might not get .....
  4. aus316

aus316 Member

:gunsfiring: I hate to say it but in next years contracts i am gonna make every one sign and put in a break clause :gunsfiring: