1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Historical weather

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Bcarlsno, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Bcarlsno

Bcarlsno Junior Member

I just moved to a new area and have been trying to find out average snowfall days per month so I can provide more accurate bids on yearly contract. If anyone has ideas on where to go for the information or if its even available. I have started keeping track of it myself to get a better idea for next season and my yearly contracts. Where I moved from we would get snowfall an average of 3 times per year and most people would wait it out and let the snow melt with the next rainfall which was usually within a week. As for the rest of this season yes I will be breaking my back with a shovel but plan on setting it up for next season. As for commercial, the businesses here need plowing and salt or sand added the lots are a solid sheet of packed snow. The street I live on plowed once in the month of December and now with the rain that came a solid sheet of ice. Also any advice would be appreciated. I do have minimal experience.