1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Historical Snowfall Data

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Erik1981, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Erik1981

Erik1981 Member
    from MN

I need to show a client some historical data. I have been looking all over to find how many 2"+ snowfalls we have each year. So far I have had no luck. I know it is roughly 15 on average but this lady needs to see the actual data...
    Where is the best place to find this? We are in Detroit Lakes, MN 56501, the closest larger city is Fargo, ND 58103. I have found some data for Minneapolis but they get a lot less snow than we do do that doesn't work...
    If someone could post a link I would really appreciate it.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like shes going to be pain in the ass and question everything you do

3. Erik1981

Erik1981 Member
    from MN

She was is a lawn client as well and very easy to deal with, actually a very nice lady. She is just debating on paying for the season in full vs per push... she just moved here last spring so has no idea what to expect and seems to be a numbers person.
    Do you have a link to the historical snowfall data?

4. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

Noaa has historical data you can contact them in your area if you can find it online

http://www.weather.gov/contact

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  5. rjigto4oje

6. Erik1981

Erik1981 Member
    from MN

Thanks, I am shooting off an email right now.
    If anyone had a link with this info that I could access quickly that would still be appreciated.

7. rjigto4oje

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

If you do find totals ,I hope you plus or minus her. What they report and what falls in her area could be 2 different things.